Grants & Funding
State Aid to Libraries
The State of Rhode Island provides state library aid administered by the Office of Library and Information Services as follows:
- Public Library Grant-in-Aid (per RIGL 29-6-2)
- Public Library Construction Reimbursement (per RIGL 29-6-6)
- Statewide Reference Resource Center (SRRC) (per RIGL 29-6-9)
- Library of Rhode Island (LORI) Grants
LORI Grants are additional federal grants provided by OLIS, usually funded as sub-grants under the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) through the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
- E-rate: Universal Service Fund (Schools and Libraries program)
OLIS serves as the state coordinator of E-rate funding for libraries.
- Studio Rhode (partnership with the RI Office of Innovation)