Other Talking Books Library Resources
Other Sources for Reading Material
- Currency Reader Program
- Learning Ally (formerly Reading for the Blind and Dyslexic)
Learning Ally provides reading materials for students. This is a fee-based service.
Free audio books.
- NFB-NEWSLINE® Newspaper Service (Newsline for the Blind Fact Sheet [pdf])
RI Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired provides access to over 200 daily newspapers and magazines, including the Providence Journal, USA Today, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
Contact Robert Pires at Services for the Blind, (401)462-7825.
- Ocean State Libraries Catalog (RI public libraries)
Most Rhode Island public libraries provide large print materials. Check with your local library.
- Ocean State Libraries E-Zone
Download digital books from your local public library.
- Open Library
Over a million titles available, including titles in DAISY format.
- That All May Read (National Library Services promotes new member outreach campaign).
- The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Promotes international Treaty for the Blind to increase access to accessible reading resources. More information on the WIPO Treaty.
- Project Gutenberg
Over 38,000 ebooks to download to your PC, tablet or other portable device. Available in plain text format. Includes light literature, classics, and reference materials available in the public domain.