Reporting Library: the library that receives the damaged items from delivery.
Owning Library: the library whose materials arrived in the reporting library damaged while under the delivery vendor’s care. When the owning library received the damaged item from the delivery, the library will also act as the reporting library.
Before you file the damage claim, consider this:
- If the damaged item is still usable, you may proceed to circulate the item to patron. If you circulate the item, you cannot request reimbursement for that item. Report damages on the OLIS Incident Report Form online.
- If the damaged item is not usable, follow the procedure below to report to OLIS.
Procedures for libraries:
- Reporting library fills out the Damage Claims Form and fax the completed form to OLIS at 401-574-9320 within 2 business days of receiving damaged items.
- Reporting library gathers from the owning library the replacement cost invoice for all items and submits the invoice(s) to OLIS.
- Reporting library keeps the damaged items at the library for 15 business days after the replacement cost invoice(s) have been submitted to OLIS.
- Vendor may contact the reporting library to inspect the damaged items. NOW Delivery is to pay for damages after they receive the replacement invoices or to contest the claim within 15 business days.