LORI Resource Sharing Procedures
LORI ILL Process Poster, compiled by the LORI Resource Sharing Working Group. [October 2017]
A printable version for libraries to print and to post near the library's interlibrary loan work area. Select legal size paper for the best effect.
Select the best method for requesting a specific title or article in this priority order:
- Search your local (your library's or automated network's) catalog. If the item is available for loan, place a hold/request and notify patron when the item arrives.
- Check if the item is available in other in-state libraries.
- Use the LORI ILL Request form to request from libraries found on #4 above.
- If the item still cannot be found, go to FirstSearch to pursue your request via the OLIS ILL Clearinghouse.
- Contact the LORI supplying library directly if the request is not answered in 3 business days. For out of state request, email OLIS ILL Clearinghouse if you do not receive any confirmation in 2 business days.
- If you need to renew an item, contact the supplying library at least 48 hours before original due date. If the item is from the Clearinghouse, notify OLIS ILL Clearinghouse.
- To return, pack and label materials accordingly and follow normal LORI delivery procedures. If the item is from the Clearinghouse, notify OLIS ILL Clearinghouse.
If not available
- Check for incoming requests daily and respond promptly.
(Request may arrive through the library's ILL email account. Notify OLIS if the ILL email for your library is in-correct.)
- Verify availability of the material requested. If available and
- if the request was received via an automated network, ship and process the material according to local procedures.
- if the request was received via a non-automated network
- ship the item with a copy of the request.
- ship the item with "Due Date" information on the item itself.
Respond to renewal requests within 3 business days. If the supplying library fails to respond, the loan period will be automatically extended.
- if the request was received via an automated network, transfer the hold manually to the next supplying library, or cancel the request if no additional copy is available.
- if the request was received via a non-automated network, manually forward the request to the next supplying library specified by the requesting library. If no additional supplying library, notify the requesting library that the item is not available.
Questions? Contact any member of the LORI Resource Sharing Working Group.