Spring 2019 LORI Delivery Items Count Results


About the Survey

LORI libraries statewide participated in the biannual LORI Delivery Items Count from April 7 through April 13, 2019. 200 library facilities that receive Delivery services recorded and reported their out-going items. Altogether, 42,404 items were transported during the week.

Survey summaries 

Items Breakdown by Library TypeOf the 42,404 outgoing items, 40,808 (96%) came from public libraries while the remaining 4% came from academic, school, and special libraries.

South Kingstown and Cranston Public libraries have an internal courier service to transport items among branches. An additional 1,107 items were transported by these two public library systems.


LORI Delivery Weekly VolumesDuring one week of LORI Delivery, the average number of items transported among member libraries.



The average number of outgoing items placed to the delivery system per day per library, based on the assumption that most libraries are open five days a week.

Delivery Volumes by Library Type