Library of Rhode Island
There are over 600 libraries in Rhode Island. Libraries included below are limited to the Library of Rhode Island (LORI) members which are certified by the Rhode Island Office of Library and Information Services. The certified libraries share a reciprocal lending and borrowing agreement that enables residents, students, and faculty access to the collective holdings of all members.
- LORI Libraries
- Public Libraries - includes all 71 public library facilities, 1 or more in every municipality
- Academic Libraries includes 17 academic library facilities
- School Libraries - include 107 school library facilities, approximately 25% of RI's school libraries
- Hospital Libraries - includes 6 hospital library facilities
- Special Libraries - includes 7 other library facilities, such as state agency libraries, historical society, athenaeum, etc.
- OLIS and its role in LORI
The Office of Library and Information Services (OLIS) is the state library agency for Rhode Island. OLIS supports and strengthens library and information services in the state to ensure that all residents benefit from free and convenient access to library and information resources and services. More about OLIS.
LORI Library Online Catalogs
RI Automated Networks / Shared Library Catalog
- Ocean State Libraries - shared catalog for all RI's public libraries, St. George School Library, and OLIS Iacono Library.
- RILINK (RI Library Information Network for Kids) - shared catalog of RI's consortium of school libraries.
- Hospital Libraries of Rhode Island
Public access catalog of most RI's hospital libraries.
Online Catalogs of Individual Institutions
- Academic Libraries
Rhode Island Library Information